Getting ready for the International Roofing Expo 2023? The next IRE Expo is scheduled for March 7–9, 2023 in Dallas, Texas, making now an important time to start planning for the show and learning from last year.
The International Roofing Expo 2022 event took place February 1–3 in New Orleans, offering contractors, remodelers, builders, distributors, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, and architects a way to come together to learn, network, and grow their businesses. As a comprehensive trade show services provider, Cardinal Expo has had the chance to design, build, and manage client exhibits at this event for several years—and 2022 was no exception.
Whether you’re reviewing your performance at the International Roofing Expo 2022 or looking ahead to IRE 2023, take a look at our expert insights from the event below.
Table of Contents
- Preparing for the International Roofing Expo 2023
- Review IRE Expo Exhibitor Guidelines
- Consider Product Presentation and Demos
- Organize Your Budget
- Decide on a Space
- Share Promotional Materials and Information
- Market Your Booth
- International Roofing Expo 2022 Trends to Keep in Mind
- Getting Attention with Giveaways
- Creating Networking Opportunities
- Getting Involved in Community Events
- Giving Presentations
- Building Community by Giving Back
- Planning Around COVID Restrictions
- Bring Your Best to the International Roofing Expo 2023
Preparing for the International Roofing Expo 2023
Creating the perfect booth, getting promotional materials, developing a marketing plan, and keeping track of important paperwork and deadlines all takes careful planning to pull off successfully. Get started today with these tried-and-true tips for the IRE Expo.
Review IRE Expo Exhibitor Guidelines
All expos have their own guidelines for exhibitors about what kinds of booths they are allowed to have. In the construction industry, exhibitors often want to bring in large demonstration materials, as well as tools that could be dangerous if not handled carefully.
Reviewing what the International Roofing Expo 2023 allows and does not allow will ensure that you run into no issues later on:
- The current floor plan includes exhibit space sizes ranging from 100 to 8,000 square feet.
- Booth types include linear booths, corner booths, and island booths.
- There are three speciality pavilions to group suppliers and manufacturers: the Business & Technology Pavilion, the Metal Marketplace Pavilion, and the Exteriors Pavilion.
- When in doubt, contact IRE’s sales team to make sure that whatever you have in mind will work at their event.
Consider Product Presentation and Demos
Many roofing and construction exhibitors are looking to showcase products that need either a considerable amount of space or an area for demonstrations. Keep this in mind when choosing a booth size and layout for the International Roofing Expo.
You may want to opt for a 20×20 booth, double decker, or custom larger booth if you require extra space. An outdoor booth is another great option if you need space or ventilation to demo your products.
If you’ll be displaying products—especially wood, metal, insulation, fabric, or other materials—be sure to build in space for visitors to look at and feel product samples. Island displays can allow visitors to approach your products from all sides.
Ensure that the presentation of your products and services is engaging and even interactive to keep visitors as interested as possible. If you offer roofing services, consider using touchscreen displays to allow visitors to explore 3-D models or playing videos that show your services in action.
Organize Your Budget
The first step to planning your visit to the International Roofing Expo 2023 is to get your budget in order. Having an optimized budget can allow you to make your exhibiting more efficient, and can greatly increase the amount of things you’re able to include in your organization’s experience at the expo without running significantly over or under budget.
As a starting point, exhibitors can outline their budgets to balance roughly as follows:
- Exhibiting space: 10% of budget
- Staffing and travel: 25% of budget
- Exhibit design: 40% of budget
- Show services and premiums: 25% of budget
Knowing even the rough outline of your budget in advance of your trade show planning can make a world of difference in the potential of your organization’s experience at the show.
For more tips on planning your trade show experience on a budget, check out our blog post on the subject. Using your budget efficiently is what’s going to allow you and your team to perform your best at the upcoming IRE Expo, and will allow you to make connections and improve your business.
Decide on a Space
Exhibit space will fill up the longer you wait, so once you know the booth size and layout that will work best for you at the International Roofing Expo, you’ll want to reserve your space. You can also receive discounts if you’re an NRCA member or if you sign up early enough.
Take a look at the floor plan, contract, rates, and dates on the IRE website. If you know you’re going to attend in 2024, you may be able to get discounts and your ideal booth space by signing up right after the International Roofing Expo 2023 concludes.
Share Promotional Materials and Information
The way in which you present your company’s materials and information is an important aspect of your booth presentation. Having variety in your verbal and written materials can keep attendees interested while giving them the necessary information in different ways.
Larger presentations of information on posters and other displays can help grab visitors’ attention, while having handouts is a good way to allow visitors to take information with them on the go.
If your staff give any presentations or demonstrations, make sure they’re not repeating the same information in the same way it’s shared on your posters, displays, or handouts. Sharing the same information in multiple formats can help it sink in for visitors, but not if it sounds stale or repetitive.
Market Your Booth
Making sure that your new and returning customers know about the expo you are attending is vital to a successful exhibition. There are various ways in which you can market your booth at the International Roofing Expo 2023 and ensure you have attendees coming to see your display and presentation:
- Giving specific customers invitations to the event can be a way to personalize your marketing approach and invite the customers you feel will be of most interest to your company. The International Roofing Expo even allows exhibitors to offer their customers free expo-only admission or 10% off a conference package. Ask their sales team for details.
- Sending out an email blast with a direct link for individuals to register is a great way to reach a large number of potential customers. Within the email, you can include a brochure or fact sheet with your booth number, the floor plan, the products or services you’ll be promoting, and information about any special offers, announcements, or presentations you’ll be giving.
- Sharing on social media can be a great way to inform your audience while connecting with others interested in the International Roofing Expo. Tag IRE Expo’s account in your post and use their #RoofingExpo hashtag to potentially increase your reach and engagement.
- Applying for the new Roofing & Exteriors Power Players List could bring attention to your brand and highlight your success. Launched during the International Roofing Expo 2022, this new list includes the top 50 roofing companies in the industry. Previously, applications have been open February 1–May 1. Those that make the list will receive online coverage, marketing resources, and industry prestige.
International Roofing Expo 2022 Trends to Keep in Mind
With the International Roofing Expo 2022 behind us, exhibitors can look back on last year’s event to see what worked best. Take advantage of this hindsight to help you plan a great booth, share thought leadership, network, create goodwill, and market your company effectively.
Getting Attention with Giveaways
One of the highlights from 2022’s IRE Expo was Atlas Roofing, who gave participants a chance to win over $120,000 worth of prizes in the 2022 Asphalt Life Truck Giveaway. Your prizes don’t always have to be so monumental or expensive. Finding an opportunity to give prizes that fit your budget is a great way to get visitors interested in your booth and invested in your brand.
Creating Networking Opportunities
Do you find that your brand employs, is run by, or does business with marginalized communities? Create opportunities to network with this community for both their benefit and yours.
In 2022, the SRS Distribution Para Latinos booth provided a space for the Latino community to network, make connections, and grow their businesses. Finding a way to involve yourself more intimately with a specific community, particularly if that community is integral to your brand or its identity, can be an effective way in growing a more loyal and dedicated customer base while empowering that group of people.
It’s also important to remember that trade expos don’t always need to be boring or strictly educational. It is beneficial to many brands when they let loose and have a little fun. Hosting parties and social events are excellent opportunities to engage in some casual networking.
The SRS Extreme Tailgate Party made its triumphant return to the IRE International Roofing Expo in 2022, and it was a huge hit. Finding a way to make your visit to the IRE Expo more fun and interesting will go a long way in making your time there more effective.
Getting Involved in Community Events
Consider these successful community events from 2022 as you start preparing for the International Roofing Expo 2023:
- The Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition ran for its eighth year in 2022 with student teams competing from across the nation. Presentations were given at IRE, making it an excellent way to meet and support young adults with an interest in construction.
- The National Women in Roofing (NWIR) conference was held two days before the International Roofing Expo in 2022. Women are invited to attend, men can show support and network by joining the evening reception, and there are opportunities to participate in community service outside of the conference.
- IRE’s Annual Community Service Day Project was held one day before the conference. For 13 years, IRE and Rebuilding Together have organized this service day to perform home repairs in the local community. With options to volunteer, donate, and spread the word, any organization can find a way to get involved.
Not only are these events a great way to give back, but also to support your networking and recruiting initiatives.
Based on last year’s event, a major way to stand out from the crowd and get attention for your company will be to give presentations at the International Roofing Expo in 2023. Consider the format that will best fit your business:
- Exhibitors can present seminars on the show floor. Most of the International Roofing Expo 2022 seminars shared new technology or equipment, marketing strategies, or ways to automate or increase efficiency. If you have a game-changing product or service, consider giving a seminar to get the word out.
- Exhibitors can set up product clinics with live demonstrations. This is a great way to draw eyes to your booth while showing what you can do with your products, so make sure you plan your exhibit accordingly.
- Exhibitors can participate in outdoor exhibits and special events. If you require additional space or need better ventilation when giving live demonstrations, consider an outdoor exhibit and get in touch with IRE’s sales team to discuss any special events.
Building Community by Giving Back
Reid Ribble, a former Congressman and current National Roofing Contractors Association CEO, opened the International Roofing Expo in 2022 with a keynote address focused on community, pride, and giving back.
According to Ribble, almost every affiliate he’s spoken to recently talked “about the scholarships that they bought, the kids that they’ve sent to college.” This type of community support not only helps underscore the important role that construction plays in our society, but also gets young people involved and aware of the industry.
“If we want to have that 17-, 18-, 19-, 20-year-old young person come and work in our company, let’s give them a reason to come and work in our companies,” said Ribble. “Let’s tell them the stories of your existence and the very things that you’ve done in your company that can change the lives of people.”
Planning Around COVID Restrictions
At the International Roofing Expo 2022, exhibitors and attendees had to work around New Orleans’ COVID restrictions during the event. Requirements included wearing masks indoors and providing proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours for specific events. The IRE Expo offered on-site COVID testing during the event and the days leading up to it.
Exhibitors should keep tabs on any requirements for future International Roofing Expos. For 2023, the expo has shifted away from its AllSecure measures and opted to follow the health and safety guidelines provided by the City of Dallas and the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center where the event will take place.
Although both the City and the Center recommend the use of masks, it does not appear that they will be required for the International Roofing Expo 2023. The Convention Center has implemented new cleaning procedures, and all staff are still required to wear masks.
If you want to give your visitors the option, you could implement sanitizing stations, sneeze guards by any food or snacks, and branded face masks as freebies.
Bring Your Best to the International Roofing Expo 2023
Roofing and construction trade show booths are unique, requiring lots of space for featuring products and demos, prioritizing hands-on experiences, and standing out in an exciting, action-packed event. At Cardinal Expo, we have the professional experience necessary to help your company drive results at the International Roofing Expo 2023.
Our team has over 28 years of experience designing and constructing high-quality custom trade show booths. We will work with you every step of the way, from booth design to paperwork, shipping, installation, teardown, storage, and more.
In addition, we offer a variety of booth sizes and layouts, as well as signage, lighting, and custom options to ensure your display stands out from the rest. We have helped clients for years at the IRE Expo and know what it takes to make this event a successful one for your company.
Contact us below to discuss your trade show booth for the next International Roofing Expo.
Contact Us Today
We at Cardinal Expo are here to answer any questions you may have, provide you with additional information, and create an effective solution for your exhibit needs.
"*" indicates required fields